Blue is the new orange with SchoolMint Hero. Here are 6 reasons you should switch to the blue app if you’re still using the old orange one.
Are you using an outdated version of the SchoolMint Hero app? If you haven’t heard the good news, orange is out — blue is new! When the Hero team rolled out the new app years ago, it came with significant operational improvements for all iOS and Android users.
Note: if your SchoolMint Hero app is dark blue, you don’t need to do anything. You are already on the updated app. If your app is orange, please keep reading.
What’s New and Blue?
Here are six major improvements you can enjoy with the new app. When you update, you’ll get:
- Scanning auto-confirmation. You don’t have to confirm each student after scanning, which makes the process more efficient for everyone. One scan. That’s all.
- Rosters in the app. Have your kids at your fingertips by taking your roster on the go: field trips, lunch lines, fire drills, sporting events, and more. Reach out to family wherever you are too!
- Multi-track behaviors. Rather than submitting individual behaviors, you can select multiples and submit all at once. For example, if a student is out of uniform and late to class? You can select and send through both of those behaviors rather than having to select and submit them individually.
- Direct pass distribution. Distribute passes directly to a student’s app.
- Everything on the main screen. Points, goals, and behavior summaries — all right in front of you.
- One app for everyone. Whether the user is an administrator, teacher, family member, or student, everyone is using the exact same app. This makes it easier to get everyone on the same page and platform.
That’s just a snapshot of what you can expect with the updated SchoolMint Hero app. Click here for a user app overview for screenshots of all you can expect.
2 Ways to Download the SchoolMint Hero App
How do you know if you’re on the old or new app? Look at the color! For iOS and Android devices, your app should be dark blue and look like this:
If it’s orange, head over to the iPhone App Store or Google Play to upgrade.
Search “Hero by SchoolMint” in the iOS or Android app store, then look for the above icon. Alternatively, you can click to visit the iOS App Store or Google Play and access your update directly.
To get more information on behavior accountability with SchoolMint Hero, click here!