Do you have unused federal funds lying around? These typically expire in July, regardless of whether you use them or not. It’s that time of year; Use them or lose them!
Read below for a high-level view of how you can invest your funds wisely for the upcoming school year.
Title I, Part A: Improving Basic Programs
Purpose: To close educational achievement gaps and provide all children with a fair, equitable, high-quality education.
Eligibility: Based on the percentage of students that meet low socio-economic status criteria.
How Can I Use Title I Funds?
For non-instructional costs (e.g. behavior/attendance management) if these costs help student achievement. SchoolMint’s behavior management platform lets you:
- Reward good behavior while redirecting the bad
- Create positive, productive classrooms for teachers and students
- Enforce fair, equitable discipline according to your policies
- Support SEL as well as RTI systems for tracking tiered interventions
- Communicate directly with families about the child
Case Study: Rockdale Junior High
Rockdale Junior High used Title I funds to purchase SchoolMint’s behavior management platform. After two years of implementation, Rockdale retained 100% of its teachers. Learn what else changed in the school.
Title II: Supporting Effective Instruction
Purpose: To improve teacher and principal quality through recruitment and professional development.
Eligibility: Based on a formula that accounts for the state’s number of school-age children and how many are from low-income families.
How Can I Use Title II Funds?
For supplemental activities that improve the quality of teachers and school leaders. SchoolMint’s teacher coaching and professional development platform lets you:
- Reduce teacher attrition by offering one-on-one support
- Improve your teachers’ capabilities via instructional coaching
- Ensure students of low-income households have access to high-quality teachers
- Build a culture of feedback that leads to positive classrooms
- Collaborate on lesson plans, share videos, and much more
Case Study: Young Middle School
Before SchoolMint, Young Middle School was an underperforming campus with low student outcomes. With SchoolMint, they have increased teacher capacity and begun to build a culture of feedback. Discover what else they achieved with SchoolMint.
What About American Rescue Plan Funds?
If you want to know how you can invest in and enhance your school with ARP funds, discover six ways to use this money in the guide Making Investments That Matter.
Want to learn more about SchoolMint products and services? Contact us and be sure to subscribe below for industry news, updates, webinars, and more!